A new assembly hall
Our Assembly Hall has played a huge part in our school community. It’s been home to it all, from band concerts to polling booths, and the uniform shop to fetes. And after 62 years of non-stop use, it’s well and truly ready for an upgrade.
We’re excited to announce a new project to deliver an amazing new Assembly Hall for our Clovelly Public School community.
How much has been raised
Our target: $125,000
Where we’re at: $35,000 raised as of 1 May, 2022
We’re thrilled that the Department of Education will be matching the $125,000.
Thank you to all who have donated so far.
How to donate
An online donation form will be ready soon and in the meantime, you can donate via direct debit and cheque to the Clovelly P&C Building Fund. Here’s what you can do:
- Download the 20211207_CPS_PandC_Donation_Payment_Advice
- Make a direct payment using the Clovelly P&C Building Fund’s BSB and account number on the downloaded form
- Fill in the payment advice form and for email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- And you’ll be sent a receipt for your donation
All donations are tax deductible.
We welcome major donors. Those who donate $1,000 or more will be given recognition on an honour board displayed by the hall’s entrance.
Leadership Donors $25,000
Visionary Donors $10,000
Founding Donors $5,000
Community Donors $1000
All donations below $1,000 will be recognised on the website and at the official opening ceremony of the new Assembly Hall.
It’s time for something new
The new hall
The project will include:
- A complete refurbishment inside the building
- Modern and expanded toilet blocks
- A covered walkway around the exterior
- A purpose-built room for the uniform shop
- Expanded storage rooms
- An innovative covered outdoor learning area
- Large folding door for easier access
Let’s make it happen
Join us to create a fantastic new space for our teachers, students and the wider community. We welcome your support. You might like to:
- volunteer to help us manage the project or run fundraising events
- contribute as a major donor
- participate in and donate to the fundraiser
- share the news
Where it all began
On April 10 April 1959, Clovelly Public School’s new Assembly Hall was opened with an impressive ceremony. It was called a great parent triumph. The Clovelly P&C had run an extraordinary fundraising campaign for the construction of a purpose-built assembly hall. As well as raising £2000, an impressive sum in those days, the P&C gained the commitment of the Department of Education to provide £3 for every £1 raised by the P&C. The parents also obtained financial support from the Randwick and Waverley Councils.
For the last 62 years, the Assembly Hall has been a hub of activity at our school. It’s held assemblies, fetes, meetings, concerts, speech days, polling booths and so much more. It’s done a lot for our school and now, it’s well and truly ready for an upgrade!
In winter it’s cold and draughty, in summer it’s hot and uncomfortable and when the rain pours down, it leaks. The building lacks adequate spaces for all it’s different uses, from band rehearsals to the uniform shop, and the toilet blocks … well, we all know they could be improved!