Friends of the Band
Register for the 2022 Training Band
Enrolments are now open for the 2022 Training Band! Enrol your budding musician in band next year:
If you missed the Training Band information night last week, you can find FAQ’s on the band website, or email queries to either our band director Murray Jackson at:
We look forward to welcoming you and our 2022 Training Band musicians into our band community next year!
Halloween and World Teachers’ Day
We’re thrilled to be back at school. With over 500 orders last Friday, we are so thankful to Cherie at Wholegreen Bakery for supplying the amazing Halloween Treats for our children. The Canteen also gave a bag of wrapped treats to each teacher to hand out to their classes.
On World Teachers’ Day, we gave cupcakes to our teachers to celebrate.
It was a great week post Covid-19 – Team Canteen certainly slept well last Friday!
Special thanks to two of the Canteen Committee members, Emily Bradburn and Rebecca Beavis, who are again our regular helpers each Friday. Due to restrictions, we’re currently unable to have more volunteers in the Canteen.
Get the most out of Flexischools
Get the most out of Flexischools and avoid common mishaps with these four tips:
- Check the date! This is a common mistake – always double check before you submit your order.
- Keep your funds topped up. If not topped up, and you’re in a rush and miss the Flexischools notification, your order won’t go through.
- Check for a confirmation email. When your order is submitted, you’ll receive an email confirmation to the email address you signed up to Flexischools with.
- If you receive a call from the school to tell you that your child doesn’t have lunch and you think you have ordered on Flexischools, the first step is to check you received the confirmation email. Usually before the school administration staff call you, the Flexischool system has been checked by the Canteen.
- Place your order the night before to avoid missing the 8:30am order cut-off. As your child gets older, make it their responsibility to put the order through.
- Use correct names. Even if your child’s nickname is commonly used, if an order goes astray, it’s a lot easier to track down who is missing what with correct names.
- Tell your child what you’ve ordered, and whether it’s for recess, lunch or both.
Your assistance with this is so appreciated. It really helps us to minimise disruptions to our preparation time. Answering parents’ phone calls can hold us up – so please always go through the checklist above first, before you call.
Life can throw a few curve balls, so we understand that sometimes you have no other option but to call us for an emergency order. Here are some tips to help both you and us:
- No emergency orders are taken on Fridays. We only take phone orders Monday to Thursday, ONLY in an emergency.
- Please pay by sending in the money in a sealed envelope that’s labelled with your child’s name and class. Ask your child to give it to their teacher, who pass it on to us.
- We record phone orders manually and mark payments off when they’re received.
- Since we don’t take phone orders on Fridays, your child will receive a cheese or a Vegemite sandwich if they don’t have lunch.
Clovelly Social & Fundraising (SoFun) Committee
There is SO MUCH going on! Visit our Events to keep up-to-date on all that’s happening.
Trivia Night – The Colour Edition
Tickets are on sale now for our Online Trivia Night, including some fabulous prizes in our Silent Auction that same night.
Christmas trees and puddings
And don’t forget to order your Christmas trees and puddings by Friday, 19th November.
Pick up will be Sunday, 5th December EARLY.
Closing on the same night as our Trivia Night is our Silent Auction. You can start bidding online now. A huge thank you to all who donated such fantastic items for this year’s auction!
Bid and win a commission-free property auction
We’ve got a fantastic item in our Silent Auction – a commission-free property auction with Belle Property, courtesy of Daniel Gillespie, Director of Belle Property Bondi Junction. If you’re thinking of selling your property, this prize is a terrific opportunity! Daniel has a great portfolio of clients currently looking to purchase in the Eastern Suburbs. This item is available for 3 years.